About The Clinic
Setting new standards of excellence in hands on therapy!
Why Choose Taunton Garden Physio and Rehab?
We are a multidisciplinary clinic providing a wide range of specialty services including Physiotherapy, Pelvic Floor Rehab, Massage Therapy, Medical Acupuncture, Occupational Therapy, Hand Therapy, Custom Bracing and Compression garments.
Our exceptional physiotherapists work on the philosophy that every individual is unique and so are their needs. We provide comprehensive physio evaluations and
make a customized treatment plan based on your needs and goals. We focus on patient-first approach, excellent customer service, and timely recovery. At Taunton Garden Physio and Rehab, our top priority is your satisfaction and optimal health.
We use most current evidence-based and comprehensive care model/approach. Our physiotherapists have extensive experience and specialized training in a variety of clinical areas such as Orthopedics, Post Surgical Rehab, Sports Therapy, Manual Therapy, Neurological Rehab, Soft Tissue Injury Rehab, MVA/WSIB Rehab, Exercise Therapy, Pregnancy and Post Partum Rehab, Rehab for Incontinence and Prolapse etc. They have worked closely with many Family Physicians and specialty doctors – orthopedics, OB/GYN and have gained many years of valuable experience
skills and knowledge.
Our Philosophy and Core Beliefs
- Every individual is unique and so are their needs. We implement individualized treatment plans based on your personal goals. We don’t believe in cookie cutter methods of conventional physiotherapy.
- We believe that a successful Physiotherapist – client relationship is client centered and is based on effective communication, good listening skills, empathy and trust.
- We hold a high priority to find the cause of your pain and to educate you on the cause of your problems and provided you with strategies to manage them.
- Knowledge is power – our staff is continually learning through courses, continuing education, certifications, research reviews to improve their knowledge and stay most up to date to provide the best treatment to you.
- At Taunton Garden Physiotherapy and Rehab we ensure that we treat everyone with dignity and respect. We respect your values, preference and expressed needs. We encourage and support decision making by you and your loved ones. We promote collaboration of your care plan with your family physician and other healthcare professionals involved in your care as per your wishes.
About the Clinic Director
Owner and Registered Physiotherapist
Shruti graduated from Delhi University, India in 2005 specializing in Orthopedic division of Physiotherapy with highest distinction and awards. She immigrated to Canada in 2006 and completed her Canadian licensing in 2007 and has been practicing as a Registered Physiotherapist since then. She has worked in various settings including Outpatient clinics, Rehab Centres, Acute and Post Acute/Rehab Hospitals, Spinal Cord injuries centre, Home Care/CCAC. She has gained many years of valuable experience working closely with many renowned orthopedic surgeons in the Durham region.
Since graduation, Shruti continued to demonstrate keen interest in Orthopedic and Post Surgical Rehab, She is also very keen in treating women’s health issues/pelvic floor physiotherapy. She combines various treatment techniques and methodologies including manual therapy, exercise therapy, modalities and medical acupuncture.
She has completed multiple courses in the past years including the following:
- McKenzie Treatment Methods for Neck and Low Back
- Maitland Treatment/Diagnosis methods
- Level 1 and 2 Manual and Manipulative Therapy courses from the Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- McMaster Medical Acupuncture Program
- Level 1, 2 and 3 Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy and Rehab from Pelvic Health Solutions
- APTEI courses : SI joint treatment, shoulder pain courses, low back pain courses
- She has been practicing in the Durham region for the past 12 years and has developed good rapport with family physicians and specialists. She attends Workshops, Seminars and reviews research articles on a regular basis to keep her knowledge up to date.
- She has been involved with the Canadian Alliance of Physiotherapy Regulators for past 8 years and has been working as an examiner to mark the Clinical component of the National Physiotherapy Exam for new grads/new PT’s
- She has been mentoring students (PT, PTA and Co-op students) from various universities and programs. She has also been involved in helping with the University of Toronto’s bridging program for internationally trained physiotherapists.
- Outside of work Shruti maintains a healthy lifestyle. She is a mother to two beautiful kids. She has special interest in Nutrition, Yoga, Pilates and Zumba dancing.