Physiotherapists are primary health care professionals that play an important role in treatment and prevention of injuries, illness and disabilities. Physiotherapists can help you improve your strength, flexibility/mobility, function and well-being through various specialized and hands on techniques.
On your first visit, our Physiotherapists will spend 45 mins to an hour to obtain history of your illness and conduct a detailed physical evaluation to provide you with all the education you need to cope with your injury. They will provide you with home exercises, preventive measures and will formulate a treatment plan based on your goals.
Physiotherapy Rehab at our clinic involves variety of specialized techniques such as:
- Exercise therapy,
- Gait re-education,
- Manual therapy techniques – Mckenzie, Mulligan, Maitland methods,
- Taping techniques (including Ktaping),
- Postural re-education,
- Soft tissue release techniques etc.
- Modalities include: Ultrasound, Laser, IFC, TENS, Electrical muscle stimulation, Hot/cold packs, Paraffin wax baths, Acupuncture etc.
Common conditions we treat include:
- Arthritic pain
- Sports injury, Running injury
- Post op- joint replacement, rotor cuff repair, post op fractures, ACL/Miniscus repair, Tendon Repair/Release, Spinal fusion/stabilization, Carpal Tunnel Release, Bunion removal
- Frozen shoulder
- Fractures and dislocations
- Rotator cuff injury
- Low back/Neck pain
- Tennis elbow, Golfers elbow
- SI Joint Dysfunction, TMJ dysfunction
- Bursitis, Tendinitis
- Radiculopathy, Pinched nerve
- Ligamentous/Myofascial pain
- MVA/Whiplash injuries
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Chronic pain syndrome
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Pelvic floor conditions – see Pelvic Physiotherapy section
Our services are covered under extended health insurance benefits, MVA insurance benefits and WSIB benefits. We provide direct billing for all major insurance providers.