Physiotherapist in Whitby - Shruti Thareja
• Registered Physiotherapist in Whitby and Clinic Director at Taunton Garden Physio and Rehab in Whitby
Shruti graduated from Delhi University, India in 2005 specializing in Orthopedic division of Physiotherapy with highest distinction and awards. She immigrated to Canada in 2006 and completed her Canadian licensing in 2007 and has been practicing as a Registered Physiotherapist since then. She has worked in various settings including Outpatient clinics, Rehab Centres, Acute and Post Acute/Rehab Hospitals, Spinal Cord injuries centre, Home Care/CCAC. Besides working in the clinic, she also works at the Lakeridge Hospital in Ajax. She has gained many years of valuable experience working closely with many renowned orthopedic surgeons in the Durham region.
Since graduation, Shruti continued to demonstrate keen interest in Orthopedic and Post Surgical Rehab, She is also very keen in treating women’s health issues/pelvic floor physiotherapy. She combines various treatment techniques and methodologies including manual therapy, exercise therapy, modalities and medical acupuncture. She is a registered physiotherapist in Whitby and also the Clinic Director at Taunton Garden Physio and Rehab clinic.
She has completed multiple courses in the past years including the following:
- McKenzie Treatment Methods for Neck and Low Back
- Maitland Treatment/Diagnosis methods
- Level 1 and 2 Manual and Manipulative Therapy courses from the Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- McMaster Medical Acupuncture Program
- Level 1, 2 and 3 Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy and Rehab from Pelvic Health Solutions
- APTEI courses : SI joint treatment, shoulder rehab, low back pain courses, TMJ pain Management
- GLA:D program for hip and knee Arthritis
- PFilates Program for pelvic Floor Rehab
She has been practicing in the Durham region for the past 15 years and has developed good rapport with family physicians and specialists. As a registered physiotherapist in Whitby, she attends Workshops, Seminars and reviews research articles on a regular basis to keep her knowledge up to date.
She has been involved with the Canadian Alliance of Physiotherapy Regulators for past 10 years and has been working as an examiner to mark the Clinical component of the National Physiotherapy Exam for new grads/new PT’s
She has been mentoring students (PT, PTA and Co-op students) from various universities and programs as a registered Physiotherapist in Whitby. She has also been involved in helping with the University of Toronto’s bridging program for internationally trained physiotherapists.
Outside of work Shruti maintains a healthy lifestyle. She is a mother to two beautiful kids. She has special interest in Nutrition, Yoga, Pilates and Zumba dancing.